Salsa Garden

Visual Diary of our Salsa Garden...new pictures taken daily! Check back often to see how the garden grows. :)

New pics!

Monday, November 2, 2009

Alaska - Post 2




I cannot believe it's November already!
24 Days Until Thanksgiving!
53 Days Until Christmas!
60 Days Until New Year's!

Here are some more pictures as promised! These are from our adventures on Monday, following Sunday. Only half of the duo that we stayed with the first part of the week could accompany us (the other half had to work). We drove up to Knik Goosebay Rd, which is in Wasilla, and on the way to the correctional farm (from Post 1). This is an area we regularly visited while we were living in Anchorage.

This truck has been parked in the woods for years. I decided I'd capture it so I'd always have it, in case one day it rusts. ;)



The next couple of pictures were taken from a bluff. People bring cars here and burn them/push them off the bluff into the mud flats. I'm not sure the specific reasons for pushing a car off a bluff, but nothing good comes to mind.





We saw this plane fly by and of course I had to snap a picture, as though I had never seen a plane before. This is a little prop plane, a Cessna, and it was a beautiful day. These pilots touch and go on the landing strip (aptly named "Airport").



Our travels that day led us to an abandoned Nike missile site. These are dilapidated dog kennels, presumably for the military working dogs.



Here is a picture of a very-run down building on the now defunct base. While some say those are orbs (presence of spirits) on this picture, I just say it looks like my lens could use a cleaning!


Here's another picture of a building across the way.


I'm not really sure what this part goes to, but it was so bright in color, I couldn't resist getting a picture! (I think I got about 5 or 6, actually! :p )



Last but not least, this picture was taken in the same place that the cars where. This is the city of Anchorage.



Tuesday's adventures took us on a more scenic route, so I will have slightly more exciting pics tomorrow. :) Enjoy!

No comments: