Salsa Garden

Visual Diary of our Salsa Garden...new pictures taken daily! Check back often to see how the garden grows. :)

New pics!

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Alaska - Post 3

(Update: I'm having trouble with Picasa and posting pictures to the blog. I separated this into 2 separate posts, but the pics still aren't showing. I'm working on getting the pics back up!)

(Update 2: I've tried to post the pics again and they appear to have taken this time. Yay!)

So, on to our Tuesday in Alaska...

Our destination for today was Hope, AK. I have been to Hope before, and I like to say, "There's no hope in Hope." People actually live there, but it's so far from any major outlet, and doesn't have much to offer, that I've never been a fan. However, we traveled roads that we hadn't before and ending up finding a most magnificent landscape!

Here's where Hope is:


This was taken from the car, along the Seward Highway. The Seward Highway begins in Anchorage and heads south to.......you guessed it--Seward!


We were in a state park for this picture. Across the bridge is a walking trail, but we didn't go there. I just wanted a picture of the bridge.


And here is a picture of the river, taken from the bridge.



This was an interesting find. A random tent in the woods, with a recliner and tv.


And...here's a close-up shot.


This is one of the wonderful sites that we got to see. Pictures do it no justice, but it's all I can offer, besides a guided tour of the place. :)


One of my favorite pictures ever! That of a cranberry bush.


No comments: