Salsa Garden

Visual Diary of our Salsa Garden...new pictures taken daily! Check back often to see how the garden grows. :)

New pics!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Top 12 Boys American Idol - Feb. 24, 2010




After watching a lackluster night from the girls, I was hoping the guys would really bring it. Turns out that most of them didn't. Please excuse the late posting.



Todrick Hall Although I wasn't crazy about the arrangement and he didn't really sing, I give him mad props, dog, for taking it and putting his very own spin on it. Sadly, that's the only memorable part for me, b/c it didn't stick with me. [Remember him from the auditions]

Aaron Kelly When he was talking, he reminded me of David Archuleta. Then he sang, and I wasn't impressed. [Didn't remember him from the auditions]

Jermaine Sellers I didn't know the song, and I wasn't blown away. [Remember him from the auditions]

Tim Urban Sorry, but he just annoyed me. Actually, a lot of the guys did tonight. [Didn't remember him from the auditions]

Joe Munoz It's probably because he's Hispanic, but he reminded me of Jorge from last season. I liked Jorge, but wasn't so crazy about Joe. Sorry Joe! [Vaguely remember him from the auditions]

Tyler Grady Oh.my.goodness. He really loves the 70s apparently, and that's fine. But it'd be nice for him to make what he sings current. [Remember him from the auditions]

Lee DeWyze I had never seen him before, but he was the best up until this point. He changed the song up a little bit, and that's what I'm looking for. [Didn't remember him from the auditions]

John Park Not a good song choice, a bit indulgent (thanks for the word, Simon!) and I thought he was better in the auditions. [Remember him from the auditions]

Michael Lynche I don't mean this in a bad way, because there's nothing wrong with it but I am having a hard time getting past his physique. For me, he doesn't fit the singer profile. This is not a bad thing, but he is just a really big person! I think if I can get past the part where my brain is going, "What is this muscle man doing on stage?" I'll be able to actually listen to the music. From what I remember, though, he did pretty good. [Remember him from the auditions]

Alex Lambert I like his raspy vice. Can I just say that they shouldn't have put him through solely on the fact that his last name is Lambert and his first is four letters that begins with an "A"? :) [Vaguely remember him from the auditions]

Casey James Yes, I liked him. And no, it's not because he likes to take his shirt off. I think he's got raw talent. [Remember him from the auditions]

Andrew Garcia I thought he was the best of the night, for what it's worth. Having said that, if you saw him sing "Straight Up" by Paula Abdul in the auditions, it was nowhere near that. I agreed with Simon that it wasn't as original as it could have been. He should be around for a while. [Remember him from the auditions]

The guys were only slightly better than the girls, and I'm looking forward to the results show to see who goes home, not because I'm worried about who might go home. I'm heartless, I know. There's just a lot missing this season (besides my obvious favorite) that last year had. I'm still holding on to hope. :)

No comments: