Salsa Garden

Visual Diary of our Salsa Garden...new pictures taken daily! Check back often to see how the garden grows. :)

New pics!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Top 12 Girls American Idol - Feb. 23, 2010




It's that time again...American Idol! This is the second season I've watched from the beginning (boring auditions and all), but it still can't beat last season....for me, anyway!

If you don't want to be tagged in this or future AI notes, let me know and I'll remove you!

I said after watching last season that I wasn't going to watch again, that there really was no point since Adam had been discovered. And since Paula would be gone. And since Kara would still be around. Also, I wasn't excited about Ellen being added to the panel. I love her and love her show, but I had seen her as a guest judge before and wasn't impressed. Somehow, even through all that, I got roped back in to watching the show.

So...here are my opinions from last night. Yes, I am very critical and judgmental of the contestants. It's what I do.

Judges Still not crazy about the 4-person panel (ie, mainly Kara) but Ellen gave some pretty good advice and criticisms. I think her being there will grow on me.

Paige Mills I thought she was lacking energy. Yes, I know she walked out onto the stage clapping her hands, but there was something missing. Also, there were a couple of spots where the backup singers were singing but she wasn't--there was too much "dead space" there. [Didn't remember her from the auditions]

Ashley Rodriguez She does have the commercial look, but after watching her audition again and then her performance, she seems like a really good karaoke singer. She sounds like the original artists. Not impressed with her. [Didn't remember her from the auditions]

Janell Wheeler She was a little better than the first two, but I still wasn't jumping out of my seat excited to see what else she has to offer. [Vaguely remember her from the auditions]

Lilly Scott She was closer to what I was looking for from the contestants, but I have to be honest and say that I don't know the song, so I don't have a point of reference. But, she didn't seem nervous and seemed confident and was fun to watch. [Remember her from the auditions]

Katelyn Epperly I liked her slightly less than Lilly Scott, but I did like her. Wasn't sure about the song choice. [Remember her from the auditions]

Haeley Vaughn As a general rule, the teenagers in high school that show up on this show really get on my nerves. I don't know why, they just do. However, she was the first contestant to take a song and make it her own and I enjoyed watching her. [Remember her from the auditions]

Lacey Brown I had high hopes for her, but I wasn't crazy about her or the song. [Remember her from the auditions]

Michelle DeLamor I wish the contestants wouldn't sing Alicia Keys or Leona Lewis. I love Alicia Keys' songs, but I love to hear AK perform them. For some reason, this contestant bored me. [Didn't remember her from the auditions]

Didi Benami I loved her from the auditions and liked her tonight. She has a unique voice, and she didn't stray too much from the original version of the song, but I liked it. [Remember her from the auditions]

Siobhan Magnus I wasn't crazy about this song. I remember her having a really strong voice, and I didn't see that her song selection reflected that. [Remember her from the auditions]

Crystal Bowersox I think she is a great artist, but her song sounded just like the original, and I thought she could have done a lot more with it. I think she'll be one to watch. [Remember her from the auditions]

Katie Stevens I didn't really dig her song. I remember her having a better voice, but they saved her for the very last so there must be something there. [Remember her from the auditions]

No one blew me away. I think most of the girls had a case of nerves on Tuesday's show, and hopefully that doesn't carry over all season. I didn't feel a lot of energy or excitement on the show and am hoping the guys can do better! :)

No comments: