Salsa Garden

Visual Diary of our Salsa Garden...new pictures taken daily! Check back often to see how the garden grows. :)

New pics!

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Alaska - Post 5b

We were on a high point looking across at the trees. (Try typing "at the trees" three times fast--whew!) I'm sharing with you because I think they're absolutely gorgeous!

Here is another moose sighting. Or at least, where some had been.


This is a picture of mud flats, the same place where the car boneyard is. Yes, I'm fascinated with this place, and the mud just makes it that more eerie. The mud flats is basically like quicksand. Once you go in, it's very very difficult to get out, if at all possible.


And...here's a rusted object on the beach of the mud flats.


A close up of the mud. I thought this was pretty.


Another view of Anchorage.


I'm inserting this picture because I wanted to point out that this was taken from above the flats. If you look hard, about a quarter of the way from the bottom, you can see the gravel ends and the mud begins. Well, where the gravel ends is literally where it ends, and then it drops straight down into the bluff, where the cars go. I'm not sure why I wanted to point that out, but I just did. :)


(2 of 3 postings)

No comments: