Salsa Garden

Visual Diary of our Salsa Garden...new pictures taken daily! Check back often to see how the garden grows. :)

New pics!

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Alaska - Post 5a

On to our Friday. By the way, I'm sorry I don't have any cool collages or setups of the pictures other than single shots. Maybe one day when I'm not fed up with Picasa only posting 4 pictures at a time, I'll get creative. For now, you get a play-by-play (almost but not quite) viewing. Here's another picture of a grouse. This was in the state park I previously mentioned, so we couldn't shoot it. I couldn't see it in the tree, so I gave Chris the camera so he could "shoot" it. We ended up getting 2 birds this day and cooked them for supper. They are a dark meat, and actually are pretty good. The way Chris seasoned them, they tasted like roast beef. Yum-o!


This was taken in a field, and I'm like a little kid when I see wildlife in Alaska. I can't get the camera to take a picture fast enough, and I try to enjoy the animals at the same time. It's kind of hard to see this moose, but don't worry--I also zoomed! (The moose is that thing almost smack dab in the middle of the picture.)




We followed this logging trail for a few miles. It was very pretty, with the colors of the leaves changing, and also fun! There were slopes and hills, and the truck we were in just made it that much more fun! Here are a couple of pics.




Random trees


A picture of the mountains from far away.


Close-up of the mountain. I love my camera!!


(Part 1 of 3 postings)

No comments: