Salsa Garden

Visual Diary of our Salsa Garden...new pictures taken daily! Check back often to see how the garden grows. :)

New pics!

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Alaska - Post 5c

Here is the pump from one of the places we stopped to get gas. You know those thriller movies where the people always run out of gas in the middle of nowhere? Well, that would have been us had we ever run out of gas. Good thing we didn't! I took a picture of this pump, because a couple of days previous to this, we decided to stop and fill up. However, when Chris went inside to get $20 worth, all we could squeeze out was about $13.00. We called the next day to see if they had gas and this was the response we got: "The fuel truck was supposed to come yesterday, but he never showed, so I wouldn't count on it." I took this picture because I was so excited that we got more than $20 worth!


And here's the general store that sold us the gas.


This was a fun and exciting Friday night. Bundled up with coat, gloves and scarf, riding in a 2-seater truck with the heat up and the windows down. It was cold outside, but the air fresh enough that we didn't want to be just sitting in the truck with the heat blasting. We saw about 8 moose, and of course I was loving it! But back to the picture...we saw this moose on the side of the road and I wanted a picture, so we pulled up and got one! We pulled to the side of the road, and the moose was 5-7 feet away from us. And she was just standing there--staring us down! The only reason she didn't run away from us, even though they aren't skiddish animals, is because she had her baby with her. Those pics didn't come out so great, but I just love this one!

I had been wanting pics of the city of Anchorage at night, but something always happened where I couldn't get one. So, we made a specific run out to the bluff again to get pics. Well, my awesome husband informed me on the way there, that the area we were going to was notorious for bears. GRRREAT! So...I really wanted a picture. I have my camera on the tripod, ready to go, and I'm unfolding it as we're walking so I can put it down, shoot, and run back to the truck. Well...the land I had the tripod on was not flat. That, coupled with my feeling of need to not let go of the camera setup, led to shaky pictures. Another grrreat! And then, Chris tells me he hears a rustling in the woods so by now my heart is pounding and I'm packing up, heading back to the truck. These are the best of my Anchorage pics. LOL






I hope you enjoyed our Friday in Alaska. One more day of pics to come!

No comments: