Salsa Garden

Visual Diary of our Salsa Garden...new pictures taken daily! Check back often to see how the garden grows. :)

New pics!

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Alaska - Post 3a

Don't be fooled: we weren't this close to the creature. I'm not good with distances, so I'm not sure if this would even make sense, but I'd say we were about a football field's length away from the moose. We were far enough away that I felt comfortable, I'll just say that. Even if it had been a bear, I would have been comfortable.


There were 2 moose, so here's both of them together.


I'm not sure why, but I remember being fascinated with this stream flowing from the mountain, so I'm sharing it with you.


I, accidentally, snapped a picture of the snow flurries that were falling from the sky. I think I was actually testing out the flash (it wasn't as dark as the picture makes it seem) and ended up with this.


There are a few gold mines in the area we were in, and although we didn't run into any, we did come across this contraption.


Here we are in front of the contraption. We had already gone as far as we wanted to go and were heading back to the car. If you look, you'll see the stream behind us that we hopped across getting to and from the water mill. I guess that's what that thing is?


After another day of wandering, we headed back to our hosts' house, and were greeted by a mother and baby moose at the entrance to the neighborhood. You can see the baby in the front, and the mother's ears from behind the bush.


I have a ton of pictures from this day, but don't have them uploaded anywhere yet. I might put them on my Picasa web album so I can share more of them. But for now, I "Hope" you're enjoying!

No comments: