Salsa Garden

Visual Diary of our Salsa Garden...new pictures taken daily! Check back often to see how the garden grows. :)

New pics!

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Movie Reel

Day 2:

Let me preface this by saying that all I'm trying to do tonight is post a blog and grill steak.  An hour into the outside grilling, I ended up inside using the good ol' trusty GF (George Foreman).  During that hour, I started on Day 2 blog.  The autosave feature wasn't actually saving, but there are times it hasn't worked, so I kept on trucking.  Turns out the internet went out for a little bit.  Crisis averted and internet is back on now.  Yay!

I've recently found a few movies that I can actually watch over and over and still walk away with a lesson or some sage piece of advise to apply to my life each time I see them.  Or just laugh my head off.  I'm also in love with the DVR (digital video recorder) thru DirectTV, as it holds a ton of movies.  At least 20-30?  (Comcast would get full after about 5.)  So, here is an idea of what I am watching:

 

Lucky You

Dan in Real Life

The Linda McCartney Story

Herbie Hancock: Possibilities

Bed of Roses

What Happens in Vegas

 

And here are a few reasons why I'm digging these movies for now...

 

Lucky You - Eric Bana and Drew Barrymore star.  Huge fan of Drew Barrymore, had never heard of Mr. Bana.  Picked this movie up at Best Buy for $4 and it has been worth every penny, plus tax.  It's about a poker player (Bana) trying to figure out his life.  Barrymore is the character who shows him things in a different light.   It is not a fast-paced movie, but what I would call a relaxing pace.  I can't tell you all the reasons I like this movie, or it'll give away all my secrets.  :) 

 

Dan in Real Life -  Steve Carell=funny.  He plays a widower raising 3 daughters.  The whole family is gathering for their annual retreat; he meets a lady that he really clicks with and who also turns out to be his brother's guest/date for the week.  So, everyone has to figure out how to deal with this situation.

Daughter: If you don't let me drive, I'll never learn.
Dan: But if I let you, you might not live.

Dan: I ordered a muffin...........but I think they gave me a small planet.

Marie (the brothers' love interest): Mitch (Dan's brother) told me early on that if I forgave him his past that he'd forgive me mine.
Dan: Well, that was stupid.


The Linda McCartney Story - Actually the story of Linda AND Paul McCartney, because who is one without the other?  I don't know how accurate the are in the movie, but I think the portrayal of how much they truly loved and cared for each other is close to the truth.  If you don't like The Beatles, or Sir Paul, or love stories, you probably want to stay far away from this one!  

Herbie Hancock: Possibilities - Documentary on the making of the cd by the same name.  That's all you need to know.

Bed of Roses - I had never seen this until just a few days ago.  It was released in 1996, so I'm a little behind the times there.  Mary Stuart Masterson and Christian Slater star in it....I know her from "Fried Green Tomatoes."  Also, I'm more of a Christian Bale fan, not Christian Slater.  This definitely has sappy/chick flick written all over it.  

What Happens in Vegas - Fast forward to a recent movie!  Hard to go wrong with Ashton Kutcher and Cameron Diaz.  I am a fan of Ashton, sort of a fan of Cameron, but they really do have good movies.  Couldn't wait to see this and loved it when I saw it!  There is comedy all throughout the picture, but you can also learn a little something from watching it.   

What are you waiting for?  Get out and rent these movies!!  :)

Good night....need rest for inspiration on tomorrow's blog.   

No comments: