Salsa Garden

Visual Diary of our Salsa Garden...new pictures taken daily! Check back often to see how the garden grows. :)

New pics!

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Grocery Store

It went something like this:

A car is stopped in front of the grocery store with the back passenger-side door open. Another car is trying to back up and people on foot are trying to navigate their way around the vehicles so they can make it safely onto the sidewalk and through the automatic sliding doors into the air-conditioned food-selling building. Here's why I wasn't completely ticked off by the car slowing down the flow of things:

A teenage boy got out of the car and was headed toward a teenage girl who was walking through the parking lot. Her shift was over and she was making her way to her car. The boy jumped out, ran over to her and gave her a huge hug. She looked shocked/annoyed/pleasantly surprised all at the same time. The conversation was brief but ended with her saying, "Talk to you later." The boy responded with, "Give me your number so we can!" Aaaahhhh.....life in a small town on a Sunday afternoon. :)

It's official: I no longer know how to work a charcoal grill. Last year I was a pro at grilling everything but salad. (Which is possible, I just never mastered it.) Now the smell of grilled meat is making its way around the neighborhood from someone else's grill. I think maybe I'm being impatient with the process.

Two more things and then I'm gonna go for now.

-Watched Tyler Perry's "Daddy's Little Girls" today. It's just hard to go wrong with a TP movie or play. If you've never seen any of the plays you can catch them on DVD. Madea wasn't in this movie, but it was good still.

-I explored the musical world of Jason Mraz today. Am loving the song, "I'm Yours" with it's laid-back style and catchy lyrics. Also think it's neat that he owns an avocado tree farm, and that you can make chocolate using avocado as an ingredient. Oh, and I love his hat. :) The things you learn from You Tube.

Until tomorrow,
-T


No comments: