Salsa Garden

Visual Diary of our Salsa Garden...new pictures taken daily! Check back often to see how the garden grows. :)

New pics!

Monday, March 1, 2010

Scanning



I've been having trouble with my scanner lately. Or maybe the trouble is that there is a total of 3 working computers in the house: a desktop, and two laptops. The scanner/printer/copier was bought the same time as the desktop, and beyond the (what I call normal) hiccups every now and then, it has always worked fine. If I want to print something from my laptop, I usually can just plug in the USB cord and type 'Ctrl+P' and I'm good to go. This used to work on Chris' laptop, too, but for some reason it doesn't recognize it anymore. No big deal, since we have 2 other sources if needed. What has really bugged me for some time now, is that the scanner doesn't work on my laptop. And it's frustrating, because I know for a fact that over a year ago it did work. Well, today I set forth on a mission to figure it out once and for all.

After hours of installing, uninstalling, starting, restarting, plugging in and unplugging, and reading message boards, the scanner finally works for me!! I read a few posts and thought, "These people are nuts! What does that have to do with anything?" Why did I think they were crazy? Because they mentioned that after installing a Wacom writing/drawing tablet, their HP scanning machine quit working. I had no clue why that would cause a scanner to stop scanning. And still don't. Turns out, when a Wacom tablet is installed, something is disabled in the secret inner workings of the computer and renders your scanner useless! Who'da thunk it? Not me! Anyway...I found a patch and installed it and now I'm a scanning queen!

Yay!

That's it...that's all I've got. Get back to your Monday night tv.

:)

1 comment:

SGN said...

Yay for smart ladies! Way to go on getting everything fixed. I don't understand why random things can cause other things to stop working either, but it happens all too often. Luckily I married a computer genius and he can usually figure it out and save me the aggravation... Happy Tuesday!