Salsa Garden

Visual Diary of our Salsa Garden...new pictures taken daily! Check back often to see how the garden grows. :)

New pics!

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Morning Run, er....Walk

Over the past few months, I've been paying more and more attention to people who run marathons. From friends to random people to celebrities who run, I'm starting to think, "Hey! This marathon thing might catch on!" :wink:

No, I haven't signed up for a marathon, but I did find this neat site. There's a lot of content on the site, 95% of which I will probably never ever use, but there's this training log where times, distances, running shoes, etc can be tracked. I usually take the dogs with me when I walk, but it's always a chore walking them both. So I went out by myself this morning, in order to have a relaxed walk. I logged my first 2-mile walk alone this morning at 38 minutes. I'm not sure that I will ever have the desire to run a marathon, but I'm excited about this site!

1 comment:

SGN said...

Way to go Trish! I found a running buddy around here and we are signed up for a 10K on Dec. 5. We've been training for it and did three miles this morning. We are running a 5K tomorrow. I forgot how much I enjoy running once I'm actually back in shape and have someone to keep me going. :o) Now, if I try it by myself I end up running til it gets a little hard and then walk... but if I have someone to run with I can usually keep up. :o) Anyway, great job on getting out there for a walk! You should find a 5K to do where you are. It's 3 miles, and it's not to bad even if you haven't trained. :o) Hope you have a great Friday!