Salsa Garden

Visual Diary of our Salsa Garden...new pictures taken daily! Check back often to see how the garden grows. :)

New pics!

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

American Idol Top 9

I changed this up a little from last night.

Anoop
- It was good to see Anoop's personality shine again!  He chose a song that didn't showcase his vocals, though.  There were too many spaces that the background singers filled.  I didn't think it was "frat-boy dare gone bad" but I did think he could have done better.  (Don't ask me which song he should have sang.  I personally think that a true American Idol should be able to take any song and make it their own.)  *Not a front runner, but has a big fan base

Megan Joy- Oh boy.  If the camera would focus on her face only, we'd be doing good.  And if she'd pick a song that really showcased her unique sound, we'd be doing even better.  Her signature Corkrey move is just too much for one person.  In the words of Rooster, "She scares me!"  *Not a front runner, but has a big fan base

Danny- He's still one of my favorites.  I thought his song choice was great, as it's hard to go wrong with a Rascal Flatts song.  He did show a lot of emotion, which is definitely needed for any of their songs.  There were a couple of spots that seemed a little off to me, or like he was being over-powered by the backup singers.  Also, I was hoping he would reach up and grab the mic off the stand and do his crazy-but-in-a-good-way dance on the stage.  Maybe he'll learn that move for next week!  :)

Allison - I loved her version of this No Doubt song, for the most part.  The judges knocked her outfit, when I thought they should have been knocking her hair, or whatever that was on top of her head!  I thought she looked very punk-rock and of course she has crazy vocals.  (I'm starting to sound like Randy, dawg!)

Scott - It was nice to see just him and the piano, but come on!  He's been in this same box since...the show began.  I still can't imagine actually running to the store to pick up his CD, but it was nice to see him do a little more I guess.  This is the point in the competition where I've got to start getting harsh. In the words of Kara, "Show me some artistry!"

Matt - Hmm...I don't like when he sounds like other artists and tonight he sounded exactly like.....The Fray, the original artist of the song he performed.  Sometimes he sounds like Justin Timberlake and I don't like when he does b/c let's face it--there's only one JT.  He's starting to annoy me.

Lil - I thought she did good in trying to showcase her voice.  I like that she's not staying strictly with the R&B vibe like the judges are wanting her to.  However, if she did stick with just R&B then she'd probably get knocked just the same.  Still one of my favorites.  I hope she sticks around.

Adam  I just can't get enough of this amazing talent!  He takes songs and makes them his own and did you hear how the crowd couldn't stop cheering for him once he started the song??  Holy cow!  As I'm voting tonight, Rooster asks me what I'm doing (duh!) and I was like, "I'm voting!" and he's like, "For who? The blind guy?" and I'm like, "No! The HOT guy!  Gotta make sure he wins!"  You either love him or you hate him, but I tend to pick musicians that fall in that category anyway.  Loved the outfit, the flared jeans, the blue and yellow shirts...loved it all!  

Kris - Technically I'm supposed to love this guy because he plays guitar and I dig the sound that he plays, but there's something about him that screams "Not special!" to me.  I don't know what it is but once I figure it out I'll be sure and report!  The judges praised his performance, but for me there was nothing to rave about.  I heard one commentary that said he blew everybody out of the water.  Umm...no?  He's getting on my nerves too.  

This is hard as I'm a bit rushed for time.  Also, they all pretty much performed at the same level as last week for me. (Except for Adam, which always throws his own spin!)
These are probably going to be far from the results tomorrow, but here goes...

Bottom 3:  Matt, Scott, Megan     
Going home: Matt 

One more thing.  There's this site dialidol.com and they post predictions.  I can't bring myself to look at it because I'm afraid it will pull all the fun out of the results show. The results haven't been spot on each week, but they've been pretty close.  I'll look at after the results show.  :)

Tune in Wednesday night at 9e/8c on FOX to see the results!  (Or record and watch later!)

1 comment:

SGN said...

Anoop is my favorite! I liked him from the first episode. :o)