Salsa Garden

Visual Diary of our Salsa Garden...new pictures taken daily! Check back often to see how the garden grows. :)

New pics!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year!

I hope your New Year is going as great as you knew it would be.  It's been a while (almost 2 weeks!) since posting.  Can you believe Christmas was 12 days ago?  Twelve.  {insert something about the twelve days of Christmas here}

I'm excited because this week is "premiere" week.  Not season premieres, just picking up where the seasons left off before the holidays.  Here's the lineup of shows I'll be watching and/or DVR-ing this week.

Sunday-  Desperate Housewives, The Unit, Brothers and Sisters
Monday-  One Tree Hill
Tuesday- Homeland Security, Scrubs
Wednesday-  Free night
Thursday-  Ugly Betty, Kath and Kim, The Office
Friday- Ghost Whisperer
Saturday- SNL

Thanks to Santa, we now have an XBOX 360 and I have to tell ya...those Lego games are addicting!  When Mama was here for New Year's, I bought Star Wars: The Complete Saga for the console. It was so much fun to play with her, especially when the characters would *magically* change on us.  :)  If you've played any of the Lego games you know, but for those of you that don't, the characters build stuff and shoot stuff and blow stuff up.  And they also shake objects that glow until coins or hearts or various odds 'n ends fall out.  F-u-n!

So, out of this comes a true-life story:

I had been drinking a lot and needed to put the bottle down.  Water, that is.  I needed to put the water bottle down.  So I did just that.  I turned around briefly and when I went back to the counter I saw things shaking.  I have played too many levels of the game in intervals too close together because for a brief moment I thought coins were about to come out of the bottle! 

Turns out the bottle was just steadying itself, but I thought I had The Force with me there for a second.  8D

Which leads me to what I will end with......Happy (early) Birthday, Elvis!  
*I don't know how I got from there to here either*

G'nite!





1 comment:

SGN said...

Trish, I loved this post. I love that you and your mom played video games together. That's awesome!

Joseph appreciated the part about the water and the coins, as did I! And thanks for playing my trivia game!

The answers are actually Mr. Potato Head and Chick-Fil-A. So now when you go on your favorite gameshow you'll win the million dollars!