Salsa Garden

Visual Diary of our Salsa Garden...new pictures taken daily! Check back often to see how the garden grows. :)

New pics!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

TWP

Yes, I'm still stuck on this. Even though it happened seven months ago, ever since I heard it, it just irks me. Keep in mind, I was on the road between Alaska and the Lower 48 when this was going on. Not easy to keep up with the news when you can't get a radio station.

I have no idea who all reads this blog. There could be 5 of you, there could be 500 of you. Either number is fine, although admittedly, I hope there are more than 5. If there aren't, it's still okay. You may know me, you may not. You may or may not know that I was raised to treat all people with respect, no matter their background or origin. You may or may not know that I was also raised to be aware of my surroundings, no matter where I am. I haven't been all over the world, but I have been from the east coast to the west coast (Alaska, not California) and people are people no matter where you go. We each have our own ways of doing things and not everyone is going to agree with how we do things. But I'm still upset that a person running for POTUS is allowed to say "typical _____ person" --you fill in the blank. If you read yesterday's blog, I'm sure you're thinking ENOUGH ALREADY! But as a typical white person, I wanted to let you know that I ate, drank, drove, walked my two dogs, and used a cell phone today.

Isn't that what the typical white person does?

No comments: