Salsa Garden

Visual Diary of our Salsa Garden...new pictures taken daily! Check back often to see how the garden grows. :)

New pics!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Bug Spray

There's nothing like the smell of it. The "Family Friendly" scent isn't too bad. After spraying my clothes and my chair, I might as well be sitting in a tub of the stuff. It seems to be working so I'll stop complaining about the smell. I once read about a way to keep flies away from your picnic and this was to place a mixture of sugar and water away from your food and this will preoccupy the pests. All you have to do is share with them and they won't take from you! The things we can learn from flies.

So I'm in Walmart today--I know, big shocker!--and I was really excited because they had zippers, thread, buttons marked 75% off. Talk about a deal--I have a sewing machine and I have fabric and now I have zippers! I started to work on threading the machine but after an hour or so I decided to give it a rest. I apparently am not doing something right. Hopefully it'll go better tonight. The other kewl thing that happened while I was in Walmart was that the cashier was really friendly and I got to choose "Yes" when the screen asked me if my cashier greeted me today. (If you don't greet me, you don't get a "yes".) Turns out she used to live in Eagle River and worked at the Walmart there. Sadly enough, all I could think of was that was the location where I stepped in a pothole and broke my ankle and they made me pay for ice to put on my ankle! That was a couple of years after she moved away so I couldn't hold it against her.

My AHA! moment for the day:
John Mayer has a song called "Why Georgia" and it's in my Top 10 JM list. On the deeper end, I relate to it. On the shallow end, I love how he sings about driving up 85 simply because I've driven down I-85 many times myself, in a car. It wasn't until my drive back on Tuesday that I actually figured a phrase that he sings. I wasn't trying to figure because I thought I had already figured it out. Turns out he doesn't say "With all our fears alone" but rather "But all I feel is alone." So now I have to ask: What does 'with all our fears alone' mean? I've only been singing it for the past 6 years so I should know right? HA!

No comments: