Salsa Garden

Visual Diary of our Salsa Garden...new pictures taken daily! Check back often to see how the garden grows. :)

New pics!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Top 3 American Idol - May 12, 2009

Hey y'all! 

We're down to the Top 3. Or up to the Top 3? Well, whichever it is..we are here! The semi-finals if you will. The guys have really worked hard to reach the top.

I want to say a big "THANKS!" to all of you for reading and contributing to this each week! I do look forward to writing it and getting feedback! This shouldn't be the last one, but if it is, just know it's been fun! Thanks again! (Also, I didn't spend a whole lot of time proofing this one. Sorry for any grammatical/spelling errors!)

A couple of things before starting:
Kris is not the dark horse in this competition. That would be Allison, had she stayed. But she trotted away, so there is no longer a dark horse around. 

No matter if you like him or not, Adam possesses qualities that Danny and Kris don't, and this equals to loads of star power. He is my Elvis and Beatles.

Let's get started!

Danny Dance Little Sister - This was Paula's song choice for Danny. I, like Danny, had never heard or heard of this song. (Not that I know of anyway, and I am slightly embarrassed to admit that.) I was very pleased with the song. It definitely had a Danny vibe! And I really wish the judges would lay off his dancing. He knows he's not the best dancer, but he can work on it. lol

Danny You Are So Beautiful - I really thought I was going to fall asleep while listening to this. Didn't like the arrangement. However, it did showcase his vocals. Thought he sang it very well, even though being bored to tears. Almost literally. 

Kris Apologize - After hours of waiting for Kris to show up at his parade (ok,ok we just got there early) last Friday, and after standing through his brother's introduction at the mini-concert (that was almost as long as the concert), and after standing through the mini-concert, Kristen ~my niece~ and I were a little bummed when they didn't announce the song chosen by the judges. Turns out it had been announced earlier in the day at another appearance, and the local Fox News site on-the-hour updates didn't show up on the mobile version. Fast forward to the performance. So, it sounded just like the original. For some reason this really bothered Kara and Randy, the judges who picked the song. Randy practically said he would not be advancing to the finals. Then Simon chimed in and asked how they could criticize him when they chose the song, blah blah blah. My thoughts exactly but whatever. At this point, Ryan was practically having to scream into his microphone over the bickering judges. 

Kris Heartless - My jaw dropped to the floor when Kris said he was singing a song by Kanye West. Kanye and Kris are on the opposite ends of the spectrum. One is dripping in self-confidence/self-belief and the other doesn't quite know what that is. I wasn't sure. I had to agree with Simon, that I had Kris going home after his first song, but this brought him back. As it turns out, that wasn't his own take on the song. It's been covered by The Fray, but that's ok. It definitely put him back in the running. Poor Matt was somewhere out there screaming, "That could have been meeeeeee!" --he's a big fan of The Fray. lol 

Adam One - Here's how the story goes: Simon's mulling around his song choice for Adam and thinks, "I'd like for him to sing one of those U2 songs. They don't clear songs for this show, but they will for my future money-making machine! Let me make a call." Simon calls Bono, they talk it over and Bono says, "I would love to have Adam Lambert sing one of my songs. Also, tell him to ring me after the show on Tuesday." Ok, so I made some of that up but Bono gave the A-OK for Adam to sing a U2 song! That is such an honor. Love the song (original), love Adam's version and can't wait to hear what the studio version sounds like. This is a very emotional song, and it needs to be sung that way. And it was. 

Adam Cryin' - For those of you that have been waiting and waiting for me to say something negative about his performances, you're going to have to keep waiting. Ha! What made this performance slightly less than perfect were the BACKUP SINGERS!!! Oh my gosh....they were awful! At one point, you can see him yank out his ear piece. I thought he recovered like a pro, tho, and of course I was lined up 2 months ago to buy tickets for his sold out world-wide tour. That has yet to take place. But it will.


Results

Bottom 3
2 weeks ago I was 2 for 3.
Last week I was 1 for 1.

Obviously there is no B3 at this point.
I don't know how they normally do eliminations/advances at this point, but I have a couple of ideas.
They will either -
pull the person out that is going home and leave the Top 2 standing together, or
go one-by-one and make us all wait in agony.

I hope they just pull one person out and tell him he's going home. And I hope that person is not Adam.
If they go one-by-one, and Adam is safe, I predict they will call his name first. If they go 1x1 and Adam's name is not called first, I will assume he is going home. 
Here's why:
A couple of weeks ago he was in the B2 supposedly. (Roll your eyes, I know, but I'm still skeptical about this. I know people get complacent and don't vote, but come on.) After the backlash of fans letting FOX know they were not happy with that display, I'm pretty sure they won't leave him as one of the last 2 men standing again. Kris was sent to safety first last week, so they won't send him first again this week. Danny has never been in the bottom anything, so to have him standing would be nervous, too. That's why I say if they go 1x1 and Adam doesn't get called first, that it's not good news.

I've been on the fence, but at this point I would like to see an Adam/Danny finale. 
And I want to see Kris gain more confidence. He's not the best, but he does have an ear for arrangements and can go that much farther if he'll believe in himself.

So who's your pick, Trish? 
I don't know!!

I will be brutal :) and say that each guy had one good performance and one that could have been better. Yes, I said 
each guy. I'm really trying to be fair and unbiased here! I've also thought and hoped that the finale would be between Adam and somebody else. After last night and hearing what people thought, and how they may have voted, it could go anyway. Wow....okay. 

I'm gonna stick with my guns and go with who I want in the finale, not who I thought America picked. Crazy, I know! And this will probably be all wrong since I'm thinking of my own interests and not thinking as a whole, but here we go!

ADAM/DANNY finale, with
Kris going home tonight.

Check out the performances here!

Also, you can check out this site to "get results before the show." I have not looked, as the site is mostly accurate and I don't want to know results until results show. 
Zaba Search 
Click on American Idol link.

Disclaimer: I use a scientific method to come up with these predictions. I cannot divulge by what means I come by them.



       
 

2 comments:

SGN said...

about the dogs-- we tried our first walk last night with all 4... didn't go so well, so this morning we did two and two. That worked better for sure!

SGN said...

I guess that last photo was a pretty good clue :o) Thanks for playing my game!