Salsa Garden

Visual Diary of our Salsa Garden...new pictures taken daily! Check back often to see how the garden grows. :)

New pics!

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Top 8 - American Idol, April 7, 2009

My thoughts on the show!

This week the contestants chose songs from the year they born. It was one of the better weeks, but then again, as we get closer to the top, those who aren't entertainers or performers or singers are cut so theoretically each week should get better and better. Here's my commentary!

Danny "Stand By Me" - GREAT way to start the show! Started out nice and got everyone in a good mood for the rest of the show. I was really glad to see him do a slow side and a fast side in the song. 

Kris "All She Wants to Do is Dance" - I think I stopped lasting him last week when the judges absolutely tripped over their dresses because they couldn't get the praise out fast enough. They praised him for taking artistic liberties and for making the song his own, and it made me sick because a few weeks ago Adam was ahead of the curve on that one. Anyway! I agreed with the judges on Kris tonight: it was indulgent, he was lost. I was irritated that he was standing in the crowd and not on the mainstage, as I was last week when Matt did the same thing. Oh yeah, and I couldn't understand him.

Lil "What's Love Got to Do With It" - I'm still with her in this competition and I love how she's attempting different genres of music, but I'm starting to think that she should only sing R&B if the chance allows because it seems that's all the judges want to hear from her. Granted, she did mimic Ms. Tina last night, even down to the moves. She did take some liberties and definitely has a different set of vocals than the original artist. This isn't bad, it's just the power and emotion that is in the original song was different when Lil sang. 

Anoop "True Colors" - I thought he rocked! I was so glad he didn't attempt any MC Hammer! haha He is good with ballads and has a pretty voice when he uses it right. :)

Scott "The Search Is Over" - All I can say is, "Where did that come from?" We were watching and as the camera zoomed in to him we were in total amazement. "Where's the piano? Is that a guitar he's holding? I didn't know he played!" Granted, he doesn't have the strongest voice in the world, or the best, or one of the most pleasing, but wow! I was so shocked and proud and happy to hear something from him besides an inspirational song behind the keys. How silly of me to think the judges would like it. I wanted to throw eggs at each of their faces.

Allison "I Can't Make You Love Me" - Nice and simple. I still can't get over her voice. Surprised that the judges didn't comment on 
this week's outfit! Oh and glad to see her hair wasn't as crazy!

Matt "Part Time Lover" - He's nice to listen to and watch when he's not trying to be someone else. This week was good because he wasn't trying to be a blind black dude. He absolutely owns each performance when he makes it his own. One of the best performances of the night according to the judges and then came along--

Adam! "Mad World" - Those of you who DVR'd/TiVO'd/taped in plans of watching later, I'm sure you were upset to see your recorder stopped short of the whole show. Too bad, because not only did you miss another awesome song from 
the Adam Lambert Show Adam, but you missed a standing ovation from Simon! I have never seen him or Randy do that. Wow! Hopefully him getting cut off by programming won't hurt his chances. Surely people can figure out that if it's Top 8 and he's the last one, that they should dial 866-IDOLS-08, right?

Bottom 3
2 weeks ago I was 2 for 3 on these.
Last week I was 1 for 3.

This week I am doing 2 separate B3s- Who I think should be in the bottom, Who actually is in the bottom. Let me say before going forward, I don't have anything against the people in the lists. Somebody has to go home. They were missing something or weren't at the same level as the others, or their name was Kris. haha :) 

Who I think should be In the B3: 
Kris
Lil
Anoop

Who I Think IS in the B3:
Kris 
Lil 
Scott
(I struggle with all of these actually. Kris nor Lil have ever been in B3. Scott had the wow factor this week.)

Disclaimer: I use a scientific method to come up with these predictions. I cannot divulge by what means I come by them.

No comments: