Salsa Garden

Visual Diary of our Salsa Garden...new pictures taken daily! Check back often to see how the garden grows. :)

New pics!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Top 7 American Idol - Movie Week

This week the contestants helped us to escape reality for the better part of 60 minutes, taking us on a ride through the movies. This week could just as easily be labeled Cheese Week too, as most of the songs were just that! And since the show ran over last week, the judges paired up (Paula and Simon, Kara and Randy) so as to be on time this week. Still didn't work, btw. Two judges, instead of the usual four, gave their opinions on each performance with the right side of the table (Paula and Simon) going first instead of the usual left side (Randy.) The good news of this is that Simon got to throw in his thoughts on Adam. The bad news is that he also got to review Lil. Man oh man...let's get started.

Allison "Don't Want to Miss a Thing"- Another week, another good way to start the show. At the very beginning her timing sounded off to me. 
I'm sure it was just me, because the rest of the song sounded on time, just not the first few words. No doubt about it, the girl's got a voice. I wish she would work on her enunciation techniques more, as sometimes it's hard to understand her. Wasn't crazy about the outfit, but that doesn't really matter. Also..I know she was trying to get the full meaning of the song in, but I didn't like how certain sections were split or divided...there wasn't a good flow to the song for me. Overall it was good.

Anoop "Everything I Do" - This kid.....is great when he sings the slow songs. He has a pretty voice and although the slower verses don't showcase his personality in any way, shape or form, they're nice to listen to. And his timing was a little off for me, too. But again--I'm sure it was just me! There isn't much to say here. Again, it wasn't awesome but it was good.

Adam "Born to Be Wild" - I read before the show that he was going to be singing this. For a brief second I was a little *gasp* disappointed because I thought it would be really cliche. He was born to be wild, right? Then I had to remember that there are spoiler lists out there every week and none of them are ever right. Except that this one was. 
I won't be reading that blog again.What can I say? Again I was blown away. He was totally punked out, shorter hair, interaction with the band, the shoes...it was madness!! I didn't want the song to end. I don't know what else I'm supposed to say here. I'm running out of words! Oh yeah--I hope his hair grows fast b/c I want the longer look back. Oh who am I kidding? He could shave his head and I'd still love him the same! :) 

Matt "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?" - Not bad. Quite boring after Adam, but that's to be expected. I don't think he really took to heart what Quentin Tarantino suggested he do though (stick to the song, don't add your crazy sound effects). I get annoyed when a mentor gives advise and then it gets tossed aside like it's no big deal. He was originally my top 5, but at this point not so much. I'm definitely going to send him a hat, though, and tell him to keep it on. Always. Again, not bad, not great.

Danny "Endless Love" - Would you like some wine? To go along with this cheese? :) I've always liked Danny. I think he's great and how can you not smile when looking at him? I always like to watch him perform, and love the raspiness in his voice. I do think he's got to step up his game though.

Kris "Falling Slowly" - Blah! This is actually one contestant that I have something against. So much that it's causing friction in my family. (Just Kidding--Love ya Greg!) I remember the beginning was so flat and so boring that I wanted to pick up the 300-lb TV and throw it out the window. Anytime I see his face that's what I want to do. And his wife's, after Simon said that he shouldn't have introduced her to America so soon and she made that horrible face. Way to go Kris! Your wife ruined it for me! Actually, I'm going to have to watch the performance again b/c he's in the news stories this morning. Was it really that good? And again, way to listen to QT! <--note the sarcasm

Lil "The Rose" - I thought this was a really really great way to end the show. This was definitely her best song since...Michael Jackson week? Yep. Definitely. I am as frustrated as her at this point. Not at her, but at the judges. I'm glad she spoke out against Simon last night. I actually got chills last night because as she was singing I thought, "She's back!!" Only the results show will tell.

Bottom 3
2 weeks ago I was 1 for 3.
Last week I was 2 for 3.

This week I am again doing 2 separate B3s- Who I want to be in the bottom, Who actually is in the bottom. Let me say before going forward, I don't have anything against the people in the lists. Somebody has to go home. They were missing something or weren't at the same level as the others, or their name was Kris. haha :) 

Who I want to be in the B3: 
Anoop
Kris
Matt

Who IS in the B3:
Anoop
Lil 
Matt

I don't know who's going home. It's really Anoop's time to go. I'll just stick with him.

Disclaimer: I use a scientific method to come up with these predictions. I cannot divulge by what means I come by them.

No comments: