Salsa Garden

Visual Diary of our Salsa Garden...new pictures taken daily! Check back often to see how the garden grows. :)

New pics!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

American Idol, Grand Ole Opry Week

As posted from one of the other networking sites I'm on....didn't want to take the time to edit it.  :)

Oh man...here goes. (I agree with you on The Man in Black btw.) Michael-I'm not a fan of his and am ready for him to go home, but it was nice to see his personality show. Allison-she rocked, as she always does. Kris-sang a pretty song, but it didn't blow me away. Lil (my Top 3)-I felt that she realyl did try to tackle the country scene, but I agree with Simon that it kind of felt like a "I have to be doing this" performance. Scott-performed better than last week and is a great inspirational singer, but would like to see him change it up a little bit. Alexis I love and "Jolene" I love, but not the combination. Did you see the camera shot where she actually looked like Dolly Parton? Danny (my Top 3)-I loved it about halfway through. I didn't think the first part sounded like him. Anoop-he really came through tonight! He stood his ground and showed why he's still around. Megyn-I love to hear her voice and liked the song. Matt-good way to end the show.


As for Adam......I wasn't sure what he was going to do when he mentioned a sitar. A sitar? So he started the song and of course it was...different, and then he got into the meat of the performance and W-O-W! I was actually surprised that all the judges weren't raving about him as they were last week. I don't know what else they expect from the contestants. They say they've got to make the songs their own but when they do, it's not enough. Having said that, I'm glad he and Danny didn't get all raving reviews so they are sure to stay grounded. Neither one seems to have a *big head* but I don't want them to float away. IMO Adam made "Ring of Fire" his own and he rocked it! All in all, I thought last week was better than this week. For some reason, people are afraid to sing country and don't really know how to embrace it. Do you know what they are singing next week? Oh yeah--I guess we'd better get through tomorrow night first. :)

No comments: