Salsa Garden

Visual Diary of our Salsa Garden...new pictures taken daily! Check back often to see how the garden grows. :)

New pics!

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Oh Ewe!

Today we got out and went to a couple of outdoor/sporting goods stores. It's amazing b/c the gun dealers can't keep ammo and/or certain types of guns in. Word on the street is that the incoming administration is looking to ban certain types of guns and ammo, and firearm owners and enthusiasts are trying to get their hands on what they can before it's too late. I'm mixed on this whole situation b/c I, myself, am not a user of guns. If using one for protection, I'd be more prone to shooting my foot than an intruder or some unwanted person. However, banning guns isn't going to keep people from having them. Heck, a baseball bat can kill someone if in the wrong hands. I don't know all the specifics, and that's not what I'm here to talk about anyway.

Of course I was bored to death in these stores. There is a clothing section but since I'm not prone (I'm likin' this word!) to wearing camoflauge, I really don't see a need to browse. (Nothing wrong with camo, I just don't wear it!) They did have a basketball game on the tv, but there were so many people in the store that I would have been in the way had I just stood there and watched. Thankfully, my Dare by LG , faithful companion, played sweet music in my ear, and the trip was manageable. One of the stores had some shoes on sale, and seeing as I don't need any shoes, I wasn't going to look. However, a pair caught my eyes. I had never heard of the brand, couldn't find the price, and of course it was the last box. I did find another pair of shoes, children's shoes, in a different style and saw the sale price and figured that these would probably be about double. I walked away from them, but decided to go back and get a price check on them. I got the price check and didn't really want to pay the sale price for them, but thought I'd go ahead. It's been probably a couple of years since I've bought any new shoes, so why not. (The sale price wasn't outrageous by any means, but I'm funny/weird about how much I pay for shoes and purses, and well just about anything!) The best news of all was when I took them to the counter to check out, they rang up for even less than what I was told the sale price was! Ha! Take that!

What's so great about these shoes? Besides being a great buy, they're made of sheepskin so they keep your feet really warm. You don't wear socks with them and they're so comfortable. I have a pair of boots with the sheepskin, but these are shoes, so you don't have to do any lacing. Even neater, they're from the company Acorn, "another comfort idea from the folks comforting the feet of astronauts on all shuttle missions into outerspace since 1982." How neat is that? Oh, and instead of assigning a certain size, they are assigned a range. These are XXS. I don't think I've ever stepped foot in anything labeled XXS. Haha!

For your viewing pleasure...







Posted by Picasa

No comments: