Salsa Garden

Visual Diary of our Salsa Garden...new pictures taken daily! Check back often to see how the garden grows. :)

New pics!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Fa la la la la la la la la...is hard to type

This is what just irks the daylight out of me. And it's what we're going to be dealing with for the next 4 years. When I heard the scandal break yesterday (google Blagojevich if you haven't heard) my immediate thought was that this can't be good. Duh. I didn't think that Barack Obama was involved. Didn't even get the strangest feeling that he was or is involved. And then I read the following:

But there are clearly some uncomfortable questions for Obama. Asked Tuesday in Chicago whether he had been in contact with Blagojevich about the job, Obama said, "I had no contact with the governor or his office and so we were not, I was not aware of what was happening."

But Axelrod said on Chicago television Nov. 23 that the two had spoken. Asked if Obama had expressed a preference, Axelrod said he had not, but also said: "I know he's talked to the governor. And...there are a whole range of names, many of which have surfaced, and he's, I think he has a fondness for a lot of them."

On Tuesday, Axelrod said: "I was mistaken when I told an interviewer last month that the president-elect has spoken directly to Gov. Blagojevich about the Senate vacancy. They did not then or at any time discuss the subject."

I'm very frustrated by these statements. It feels like deja vu to me. First of all, I don't see anything wrong in a senator who's just been elected President to be speaking with his state's governor about who and how his empty seat will be filled. He can't, obviously, be in a state and DC at the same time. I'm not exactly sure how it works when a senator leaves a seat prematurely. I assume a special election would be held, but I really don't know how that works. The governor should be aware and involved in things happening in his state and talking to representatives is one of the best ways to do that. A couple of weeks ago Obama spoke with the governor. Now that there's a HUGE scandal, he all of a sudden had no interaction with him. *Or* if he did he didn't know what was going on. Give me a break!!

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings on all this!

Gonna go enjoy this wonderfully cold night now!

No comments: