Salsa Garden

Visual Diary of our Salsa Garden...new pictures taken daily! Check back often to see how the garden grows. :)

New pics!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Are you watching this?

Yes, I'm watching this infomercial that NBC is playing tonight. I'm not sure if they just really really support him or if they just wanted his money. I've never been a political person. I've never really discussed it outloud, outside of my house and immediate family at least. I've never really declared outloud who I was voting for. I say not really b/c my views really weren't that different from the people I was discussing the views so I never really had to declare outloud who I was voting for. However, these past few months I've just been lashing out. You probably shouldn't read any more of this post if you are pro-Obama.



I do not like Barack Obama. I am not voting for him. I don't know why anyone would. I don't know why the supporters truly canNOT see past his suit. What has he done for this country? What is he going to do for this country? What is he going to do to this country? If he could back up anything he says, I don't think I'd have such a problem with him. But he can't. And he flip-flops. I don't know what he stands for. I don't think I'll ever know.



I watched some of his ridiculous infomerical tonight. I especially loved the part where a spokesperson said that Obama has Kansas roots. Obama has Kansas roots like I have South Carolina roots. My mom spent the first few years of her life in South Carolina so I can claim Carolina roots right, even though I was born and raised in Alabama. I thought he was born in Hawaii? Lived there for a little bit and then moved to Indonesia for awhile? I guess it wouldn't have sounded good to say he's proud of his Indonesian roots. Give me a break, people! I stopped watching the infomercial after that. It's nonsense! I can think of a few other things to call it but I'll just stick with that and not let his antics get the best of me.



WHY the do you want someone to run this GREAT nation (whether you think it's great or not is your opinion but I like the fact that I have more clothes than I know what to do with...even if I don't like most of them, I do have plenty to stayed clothed).....WHY do you want someone to run this great nation who has the middle name of Hussein? Or the first name Barack? Or the last name Obama? Heck, I don't have any kids but there are certain names that I definitely will not be using when the point comes for me to have kids. If you think there is not much meaning to names, I beg to differ. But anyway. And why was he called Barry as a kid and now it's Barack? To me, there's a whole lot of difference between "Barry" and "Barack." Again..give me a break!

There are a lot of things that are making headlines in this country. To me, this isn't about universal healthcare or gay marriage or even taxes. It's about living in a country that is FREE that is NOT under tyranny rule. It's about living in a country where I am allowed to speak my own language and make up my own words like "Hone your hornk!" (This is Trish-speak for "Honk your horn.") All I can do between now and Nov 4 is speak my mind via this post and a couple of other outlets and PRAY PRAY PRAY.

No comments: